Monday, July 12, 2010

My Elearning Doubts

As a teacher, I find it quite easy to believe that young people nowadays are really getting into the relatively new wave of education. Perhaps, elearning is truly an inevitable process for students and teachers for generations to come.

So on my part, I still have to study how this entire system works. I heard that there are as many different elearning training solutions for various companies as there are as many students in a university. And sadly, I’m not really into this phase yet.

The problem is I can’t really imagine myself trying to explain what gerunds are to Koreans in front of the computer. I mean besides not fully understanding how this elearning stuff works, the thing I worry about most is the virtual communication. I think this kind of teaching would just promote the lack of interaction on a personal level, like being insincere on a certain point. Not to mention I also feel awkward talking to the screen all day while also requiring to repeat a lot of words because of some faulty equipment. But then again, perhaps it’s really just up to the people involved in the learning process. I guess teaching will become one of those office jobs now if ever this trend dominates the traditional classroom type of education.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/e-learning-12.jpg
e learning development tools

In a lot of ways, it makes life easier. I guess that’s the whole point of having technology, right? I don’t have to transfer classrooms before any class or have trouble over going out from home only to be late at work. The working schedule can also be flexible for some online teachers, although not as flexible as those with the students.

Plus, I get to teach different kinds of students from different nationalities. Somehow it also makes it a lot easier to teach because you don’t have to mind so many students at the same time and get irritated by several distractions during the lessons. But still, I feel doubtful about this whole elearning training solutions that the manager in the company I am going to work keeps talking about. Well, I guess only time can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment