Monday, February 9, 2009

For God and God alone

As I was reading about British history, I came across a quote from British historian Herbert Albert Laurens Fisher. He said, “Men wiser and more learned than I have discovered in history a plot, a rhythm, a predetermined pattern. These harmonies are concealed from me. I can see only one emergency following upon another as wave follows upon wave . . . nothing but the play of the contingent and the unforeseeable.”

http://www.tropicalphotosbylarson.com/photogallery/pictures/people/Pondering%20Greatness.jpg

I was humbled that a great man of history acknowledged that there are things that he does not understand. And that is a testament on how great our God is. It made me reflect on a verse in Colossians. It says that Colossians 1:16 that,

“All things were created through Him and for Him.”

In this verse, a christian magazine suggested to take note of the last two words at the end it says there – “for Him.” These are two words that are very important if you want to understand what God is. All things that is, that was and that will ever be is all dedicated to Him.

The Bible tells us that every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess the lordship of Jesus Christ. A great thought that a friend of mine share with me is that while Christ showed His love by dying for us, in turn, we show our love by living for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment