Sunday, April 12, 2009

William Paul Young: A Profile of a Christian Author


William Paul Young was flown away to boarding school at age 6. He was like a white Dani that was wandering around. He was a wanderer and by the time he finished middle school he had attended thirteen different schools. Not only that but he paid his way through Bible College working as a radio disc jockey, lifeguard. He even did a gig in the oil fields of northern Alberta just to realize his dream of being a pastor.



According to a christian magazine went to the Philippines one summer and he spent another summer touring with a drama troupe before working in Washington D.C. at Fellowship House, an international guest house. He completed his undergraduate degree in Religion and graduated summa cum laude from Warner Pacific College in Portland, Oregon.

He said in his website that, "The Shack was a story written for my six children, with no thought or intention to publish. It is as much a surprise to me as to anyone else that I am now an ‘author’. Overall, I am a very simple guy; I have one wife, six kids, two daughter-in-laws and two grandkids on the way. I work as a general manager, janitor and inside sales guy for a friend who owns a small manufacturers rep company in Milwaukie, Oregon, and I live in a small rented house in Gresham, Oregon, that Kim has made into a marvelous home. My time is spent loving the people that are a part of my life. I am surrounded by people of faith and we have incredible friends; now you are one of those. Oh yeah… and I wrote this book."

1 comment:

  1. I am begining to read your book but I was unaware of who you are, I am a Christian since the age of 16 I am now 45, and a janitor as well for costco and where I bought your book! I don't read any books but the bible and i am constantly looking for a christian book and movies. I am so grateful I came across your book! Thank you n May God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete