Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Music with a purpose: Christian music is for God’s praise

First of all, all Christian musicians should be aware of this point. In all the notes that they play and even in the rests that they take – all of this should be dedicated to praise our Lord and Savior.

A christian magazine said that the term Christian means “in CHRIST I Am Nothing.” So if you are truly a Christian musician and if you are really making true Christian music, all of these would be for the glory and the honor of our God.



Here are some supporting scriptures that you may want to read, meditate and reflect upon:

I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing PRAISE to thy name, O thou most High. Psalm 9:2

Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we SING and PRAISE thy power. Psalm 21:13

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my SONG will I PRAISE him.
Psalm 28:7

PRAISE the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
Psalm 33:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment