Wednesday, January 14, 2009

True Christian music is a New Song

When you get saved, you can’t help it but to sing a new song to the Lord. It is not something you fake. It is something that is inherent and it something that you can not control. Giving praise and thanksgiving to him is but a natural reaction to being saved.

In psalm 41:1-3 it says:
“I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath PUT a NEW SONG in my mouth, even PRAISE unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.”



Here is an example of how God’s grace affected Paul and Silas and how it ushered in exceeding joy and thanksgiving. In Acts 16:22 it says,

“And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and SANG PRAISES unto God: and the prisoners heard them.”

A christian magazine said that another key phrase in there is that the prisoners heard them. That means they were not ashamed of giving their praise to the Lord. A sad thing about many of the so called Christian music today is that there is a conscious effort to hide the name of God and Jesus.

Is that Christian to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment